There are few things more thoughtful than baking a homemade gift for someone. My friend and fellow blogger, Alicia Wood from The Lush List, made me the most delicious cookies (5 dozen of them!) and then wrapped them up carefully in saran wrap and ziploc bags in small batches so I could freeze and then take them out as needed. They were so yu,,y I asked her for the recipe so I could share it with y’all.
Alicia told me she slightly modified a popular Food.com recipe. My children and my husband both try to sneak these they are so good! Here is how she made them:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips (Alicia used this kind but you can also use regular chocolate chips).
- 6 tablespoons brewer’s yeast
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat well.
- Sift together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mix.
- Stir in oats and chips.
- Scoop onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let set for a couple minutes then remove from tray.
Now if you don’t have time to bake I also really liked these Boob Food lactation cookies. These are less of a dessert and more like a quick and healthy (and yummy!) snack. They are small but the perfect size to eat on the go. A bag or two of these would be a nice thing to bring to a new mom! And they have a gluten free version.
Share your favorite recipe or store-bought lactation cookies below. I really think the ones above have helped give my supply a boost!