Did you know the biggest sale of the year starts next week? I didn’t realize how BIG the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale sale was until a few years ago but it is HUGE! I am sharing what I’ve learned the past few years shopping and scouting the sale for my readers (I’ve actually learned a lot from y’all!) plus more tips to best shop the sale!
What is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale exactly?
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is when new fall clothes, shoes, makeup are marked down up to 30-40% off. At the end of the sale prices return to normal. So if you know what to buy for the fall (which you will if you read my posts!) then you can save a ton of money.
Important Details About the Sale:
- The Sale Runs July 22nd- August 7th but Early Access starts next week and runs July 14th- July 21st.
- To shop the sale during Early Access you need a Nordstrom card. Getting the card for Early Access is totally worth it. If you are not a big credit card person, apply for the Nordstrom Debit Card (sort of like the Target Debit Card). Some things will set out before the Anniversary Sale opens to the public so if you want the best of the best of the sale, apply a card now.
- You can shop the entire sale in store and online. The stores get crazy though. Seriously crazy. So I prefer ordering what I think I want online and then sending back what doesn’t work. Remember, Nordstrom has free shipping and free returns so no guilt there!
- Nordstrom does not release what’s going to be in the sale until the first day of Early Access, although they do let us preview some things which you can view here
- Just like last year, I will be up early on Early Access day scouting out the BEST of the sale to save you a ton of time researching the pages and pages of sale items. So check my blog the first day and throughout the sale because I will have posts devoted to clothing, shoes, beauty, mens, childrens, and holiday gifts, of course!
I wan to pause a minute to say that if you are not on my email list definitely considering signing up so you don’t miss the best of the sale scoop. Enter below:
The Best Things to Buy in the Sale:
- Fall Coats for the Whole Family. As you are orgazing closets this summer, take stock of who will need coats this winter. I know it’s hard to think about coats when it’s 100 degrees outside, but you will wish you had when it comes October and you missed out on a beautiful cream or camel coat!
- Beauty – New fall colors and products from MAC, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Charlotte Tillbury, etc. all come out in this sale. Note: the popular beauty gift sets always go fast in the sale!
- Trends – Better to buy trends on sale, right? This fall reds, booties, saddle bags, wrap coats, long vests, wrap coats will be in style.
- School Shoes – New Nikes and Asics on sale! I’m hoping saddle oxfords, too!
- Boots – I’ll be outlining the top styles in my posts during the sale (booties with a chunky heel are in!).
- Teacher Gifts – I had several readers tell me they bought those Kate Spade glitter studs for all their children’s teachers. These are usually marked down 40% off and come in a beautiul gift box. The sale usually includes some great candle gift sets, too.
- Christmas Gifts – Many of you said you got a lot of your Christmas shopping done using my posts’ from last year. Remember, these are the same things that will be in the stores in October/November so might as well buy now 30-40% off. I am thinking Tory Burch and Kate spade bags, perfume and wallets, makeup sets, jewelry, shirts for dads, etc.
If you are ready to shop an amazing sale now, see yesterday’s post about Vineyard Vines, Sail to Sable, and more favorite classic brands on sale up to 50% off. (I’ve had several of you tell me you stocked up on johnnie-O polos for your husbands and sons – remember use code EXTRA30OFF for 30% to get the best price!) Plus, in that post I’ve got the details of an incredible $1225 Nordstrom Gift Card Giveaway with 50 other fashion bloggers. I’ve linked the giveaway widget in this post below, too.
See you here a week from today for some amazing shopping in the #NSale!