Whether you are looking for something thoughtful, fun, or funny, I’ve gathered up forty 40th birthday gift ideas! Including some for men, too!
1. Something fabulous from DoSayGive’s Gift Guide for Her! (Of course, I had to put that first on the list!) Fabulous statement earrings or the it bag of the summer.
4. Festive “40” cocktail napkins like these, these, and LOVE these fringe coasters from Mark and Graham paired with a great bottle of wine. Party idea: have everyone bring one cocktail napkin and she’ll have a collection that’s a conversations starter for years to come.
6. Show love to her birth year with a cute tee shirt.
9. Make her laugh with a funny wine tumbler and a mini bottle of rose or champagne.
10. Of course you can always go the yard route: with a Card my Yard sign, yard balloons or 40 kistchy pink flamingoes:).
12. Charm Bracelet – Have her close friends/family members, or party guests, gift her a meaningful charm to add to a charm bracelet she’ll just adore.
13. Fabulous art she’s been eyeing or a gift card to my favorite online art source: Well and Wonder.
14. Thoughtful oil painting on her favorite hymn music. Custom available, too.
15. Give her 40 envelopes with 40 messages from friends and family or a “40 Reasons Why I Love You” Poster.
16. Give her a meaningful keepsake box full of messages from loved ones using Boombox Gifts.
18. Give her a bottle of champagne for each holiday during her 40th year (Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Christmas, etc.)
19. Coordinates bracelet with the coordinates of a meaningful place.
20. Beautiful statement piece for her dining room like a Herend soup tureen, a personalized
23. Take her on a wine tasting tour at a local winery or host a private wine tasting with friends in her home (or your home!).
24. Gift her a floral arranging class.(Dallas friends: see this post.)
25. Gift certificate or membership to a Drybar type blow out salon.
26. Treat her to a beautiful bike cruiser with a wicker basket!
27. Gift certificate for a cooking class. Sur Lab Table and Central Market offer fantastic ones. Pair with a beautiful cookbook like this new one.
28. Gift her a new hobby by gifting a calligraphy (Paper Source), painting, or glass blowing class! Hibiscus Linens offers private classes in your city by request which make for a fun little party with friends!
29. Lunch and spa day. In Dallas I’d recommend the Ritz-Carlton, Four Seasons, or the Crescent. Have lunch, sip wine, and let her RELAX.
30. Girls’ Trip! Need I say more!
For the guys…
32. Treat him all year with a monthly wine club subscription.
33. Make him laugh with a t-shirt.
34, Tell him he’s aging nicely like a nice bottle of Bourbon. Really wow him with Blaton’s or Pappy’s.
35. Texas boys would appreciate custom boots. (Romas in Dallas is reputable; Tecova’s in Austin, Mr. Leddy’s in Ft. Worth, Micron Crosby in Highland Park Village).
36. Send him and his besties on a guided fishing or hunting trip.
37. Similar to the champagne idea, give him a nice bottle of red wine for to open at every holiday during his 40th year.
38. Surprise him with a weekend getaway!
39. Have people send short videos and put together a “40 Reasons We Love Dad.” Or rap them out to make a music video;).
40. Retro Candy Box from Amazon or Dylan’s Candy Bar.
What have you given or received for 40th birthday gifts? Readers love finding new ideas so comment below.
And share or please pin this post for future reference!
Photo: Couronne Boutique