How I wore a romper to a chic pool party and how you can wear one, too!
Shop the Post:
For the #rStheCon fashion blogger pool party at the top of The Joule Hotel in Dallas a few weeks ago, I wanted to wear something fun, but also something that I would wear again. My friend suggested I wear something from the new Cupcakes and Cashmere line from blogger Emily Schuman that is reasonably priced and so cute. This romper from Saint Bernard turned out to be just the thing!
I received so many compliments on my bone collar necklace and earrings from Neely Phelan.
Note: I tried on so many pairs of neutral espadrille wedges and these turned out to be my favorite. Tall but comfortable!
Tips for wearing a romper:
- Make sure it’s not too short, of course! Think about what length of shorts you feel comfortable in during the summer and that’s about where your romper should fall, too.
- Most rompers are pretty loose at the top, so I recommend wearing a tank or a bandeau underneath. (Note: my romper has a slight opening in the back so wear a tank if you don’t want to show skin.)
- Wedges are cute with rompers for a party/date night, but during the day you will feel cool and comfortable wearing it with flats sandals or flip flops. I plan to wear mine around town and to the pool with my Yosi Samra flip flops.
- If it’s your first time trying out a romper, you may feel more comfortable wearing one with sleeves like this one from Mara Hoffman. Or this chic striped linen romper for under $40.
- A romper looks super cute with the jean jacket you have in your closet!
Below are more fun rompers and more cute things from the Cupcakes and Cashmere line, all from Saint Bernard (which has free shipping over $49!):
Part two of my #rStheCon fashion blogger conference experience is coming up soon. You can read my the first part here.
Have you found something for your mom/mother-in-law/grandmother for Mother’s Day? I have so many thoughtful ideas in my Mother’s Day Gift Guide!
Shop the Post:
Photos: Megan Weaver