A few years ago, a friend of mine announced that she had finished all of her Christmas shopping – in October. And I remember feeling quite inadequate! I promise, the purpose of this post is not to make you feel that way. The fact is, though, most personalized or handmade gifts need to be ordered way in advance. So I’ve done the research for my readers and compiled a list of thoughtful, beautiful, and one-of-a-kind presents that you can check off your list now. You will be so glad you did come Black Friday when everyone else is hunting for that perfect gift. Order now and, who knows, maybe you’ll actually enjoy the holiday season even more! I will be adding to this list in the coming weeks, but for now here are some great ideas for couples, families, and children: 1. Le Papier Studio – Custom Chalkboard Silhouettes – (2-3 weeks delivery time) Custom silhouettes are a beautiful way to give a personalized gift and Le Papier Studio has really mastered the art of giving them in unique and wonderful ways. New this year to their online shop are chalkboard silhouettes, which are printed on fine archival paper. You can order a single silhouette, siblings, couples, or the entire family. I love that you can choose from existing silhouette illustrations that look like your loved ones or you can send in a picture for a custom silhouette for $10 extra/per person. An 8 x 10 starts at $26 but they come in larger sizes, too. Le Papier Studio will also frame the silhouette and wrap it for an extra charge. Allow 2-3 weeks for custom silhouetts, after proof is approved.
2. Peg and Plum Custom Family Doll Set – (order by December 1) There is a funky little company out of Minneapolis called Peg and Plum that makes these adorable wooden doll sets. also These are fun not only to look at but are great for children to play with because they are made from non-toxic paint and they won’t break like the little Christmas village figurines my girls seem to break every year! You send in a photo and the artist will make a doll set to look just like your family. A family of 6 like this (including the Boston terrier) is $100 but smaller families are less expensive. Another thoughtful gift idea from Peg and Plum is their precious hand-painted nativity set for $60:
Who wouldn’t love a nativity set that can be passed down through the generations. I love those kind of gifts! Order by December 1 for Christmas delivery.
4. Sophie And Lili Custom Dolls – (Order by November 3) [DEADLINE PASSED] Are these not the cutest dolls ever? You can select from a variety of dolls that look like your child or you can send in a photo (extra charge) and the artist will create a doll that looks just like your child (with the outfit they are wearing, too!). Such a memorable gift for nieces and nephews and grandchildren! And guess what? They have “lookalike” superheroes for the boys, too: I love that, unlike some modern doll brands, these dolls are happy and joyful looking. And at 12″ tall they are good size for many different ages. I’ve even seen babies carry them around!
5. Sophie and Lili Custom Watercolor Illustrations – (order by November 3) [DEADLINE PASSED] If you know are a newlywed or want to give newlyweds you love a very special “First Christmas” gift, this is it right here: a custom watercolor of a wedding photo! What bride wouldn’t love to receive this from her parents or in-laws? All the artist needs is a photo and 6-8 weeks and you will receive a beautiful, custom illustration for a memorable Christmas gift they will cherish for a lifetime. Another cute idea is a family portrait watercolor. If my mom gave this to me, I would just squeal on Christmas morning! The great thing about this company is that once you have the original watercolor, they can put it on stationary or even Christmas cards. But again, you have to plan ahead for these things! Right now the ordering time for a custom watercolor is 6-8 weeks from when you submit your photo.
6. Dolly and Frances Tee Pees – [DEADLINE PASSED BUT CHECK THEIR ETSY STORE] I know, I know, this is a major splurge gift, but I just couldn’t help it! Plus, I know there are some grandparents out there who like to go all out for their grandchildren’s Christmas presents. If you are that type of grandparent, this gift is for you! A lot of companies are making adorable tee pees, but Dolly and Frances really takes the cake for the most whimsical and magical! They remind me of that movie The Holiday with Cameron Diaz and Jude Law, when they lie down in his daughters’ beautiful tent. Children love to have their own special hiding place and this would make a fabulous one! These are made from fine fabrics and can be custom made however you like. And they make them for boys, too! Adorable, right? If you want one of these tee pees in time for Christmas, you have to order by September 29th (yes, that much work goes into them!)
7. Lettermade Monogrammed Cocktail Napkins – (2-3 weeks) How cute would these cocktail napkins be with a green, red, or gold monogram? These make great gifts for hostesses and friends and the dinner napkins make wonderful gifts, too! Order these now and you will be so glad you did when the holidays roll around!
8. The Beaufort Bonnet Company Personalized Pom Pom Hats (Order by October 10 for personalization) [DEADLINE PASSED FOR CUSTOMIZATION] Do I even need to say anything? There are no words for how precious these are. At $46 (plus $10 for personalization) these hats make great gifts. They come in boys colors, too, and you can get the coordinating scarf.
This a gift that you fancy types would love. It’s a splurge to forward this post to your better half because it would make an AWESOME Christmas gift for you! These are the hot new thing in Hollywood dressing rooms. These lucite acrylic boxes are perfect for finally organizing all your makeup and jewelry in a chic and clean way. The petite size at $199 is the perfect size for most of us (unless you are a makeup hoarder like my sister, then you probably want the bigger one!). They have awesome ones for jewelry, too:
10. Naptime Diaries “Advent Calendar” – ($35) This adorable Advent Calendar is not something you need to pre-order, but you need to order one soon if you want someone to enjoy it for the holiday season. Naptime Diaires is a family company known for their cute prints. And they have put together this beautiful collection of prints that can be strung across your mantle or tacked on a bulletin board. You can buy the optional devotional ($20) or use your own advent devotional to go along with it.
I had a friend give her all friends’ families advent calendars right after Thanksgiving one year and it was a great gift. Naptime Diaries keeps this is mind because they give bulk discounts for ordering 5 or 10. See their website for details. (Links below).
What do you think of this hand-picked DoSayGive list? Would love to know!