Update: the 2018 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is LIVE! Click here to read all my posts or keep reading to see what 10 things I buy nearly every year.
The biggest and best sale of the year starts soon so today I am sharing all details you need to know about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale including the 10 best values in the sale every year. The things I never regret buying! Plus, I am giving away THREE $100 Nordstrom gift cards to shop the sale!
If you’ve followed DoSayGive over the past few years you know I provide super detailed and helpful guides to this amazing sale, showing the absolute best stuff so you don’t have to browse through the thousands of items. This year will be no different. Make sure you subscribe to DoSayGive’s emails so you don’t miss these guides.
If you are new to the sale, here at the details…
Why is this sale so great??
Well, it’s all new fall and winter merchandise marked down up to 40% off. Many things that you are going to buy anyway – but at a major discount. When the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale ends, prices go back up. You can browse the catalog here.
When does the sale start??
Thursday, July 12th – Nordstrom cardholders get early access to the sale, both in store and online. If you don’t have a Nordstrom credit card you can still apply for one to shop the sale early (totally worth it because a lot of things sell out during this early access period!). Right now you get a $40 Nordstrom Note if you apply.
If you aren’t a cardholder you can still browse the sale items and save things to your favorites folder for when when the sale opens to the public!
Friday, July 20th – Sale opens to the public, in store and online.
August 5th – Last day of sale. Prices go up on August 6th!
Best Tip for Shopping the Sale?
Don’t hesitate if you see something you love because chances are it will sell out. With free shipping and free returns, I find it’s better to buy online and return what doesn’t work.
If you have a Nordstrom in your city, use the buy online, pick up in store option to avoid searching for items among the crowds.
What do I buy every year?
I’ve learned to be very strategic about what I buy in this sale. Here are 10 things I never regret buying and you won’t either.
1. Kids Athletic and Back to School Shoes – You’re going to have to buy these for school anyway, so might as well get 30-40% off, right? Every year I buy all my girls a pair of Nikes (and Keds for the little ones) for the upcoming year and I am always so glad I did when the school year rolls around.
2. Designer Jeans – You don’t want to miss out on the incredible prices on the best denim brands. Paige, Frame, DL 1961, and Citizen of Humanity just to name a few. Again better to order a few sizes and send back what doesn’t work to avoid missing a great deal.
3. Pricey Winter Coats – This is the absolute BEST time to purchase brands like Barbour for men and women (think ahead holiday gifts!) as well as popular brands like North Face and Patagonia. I don’t like paying full-price for these brands for children but at 40% off definitely – and they can pass them down to each other!
4. Trend Boots/Booties – Designer styles from Stuart Weitzman and Tory Burch will sell fast, but don’t forget the trend boots that you can get for $50-100. I’ll be sharing my favorites in my sale posts. Oh and they always have Hunter boots in the sale!
5. High-End Beauty Tools – Last year there was a great deal on the popular Glo Pro that I use. I’m so glad I bought my Drybar curling iron a few years ago and it has been life-changing! I am hoping there will be a deal on the Dyson hair dryer this year!
6. Fall Tops and Blouses – The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale always has great on-trend and basic wardrobe blouses and tees marked down in the $20-50 price range. Remember that white bow blouse y’all loved last fall? I got it during early access of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and it was just over $40. Yes, it’s odd to shop for fall clothes in July but so worth it! I get so much wear out of the tops and sweaters I buy in the sale each year. On the subject of clothes, the sale is the PERFECT time to stock up on business wear for your husband. My husband likes the affordable Nordstrom SMARTCARE line of dress shirts and some are sure to be part of the sale.
7. Handbags – Tory Burch and Rebecca Minkoff always have some great bags in the sale. But there are so many great affordable bags. Last year I snagged these two under $60 totes I used all winter.
8. Makeup Sets – The special edition value sets that are part of the sale really are always an amazing value. You can count on Charlotte Tillbury, Laura Mercier, Trish McEvoy, and all your favorite brands to have something in this sale. I’ll be sure to outline my faves in an upcoming post. I usually buy at least one set during the sale.
9. Holiday Gifts – I’m always thinking about gifts I can stash away in the gift closet. The Voluspa candles were an amazing 40% off deal last year and many of y’all stocked up for teacher gifts. Cashmere scarves and sweaters are always a great Nordstrom Anniversary Sale purchase. Barefoot Dreams always has a cardigan in the sale (and they go fast!). They make a great gift for just about any female. Barbour coats as mentioned above.
10. High-End Bras and Panties – Every year my favorite bra ever is on sale during the sale. (Note: I am small chested and go up two cup sizes on this bra.) Bras are expensive, but we need them so why not buy on sale up to 40% off? It’s also a great time to stock up on panties. I bought these one size fits all panties last year and am hooked. They don’t show lines!
One last thing I forgot to mention: baby gear! There are always several great stroller and car seat deals and other baby essentials included in the sale. I will highlight all of them in my easy-to-shop posts so make sure you are subscribed to DoSayGive emails so you don’t miss them!
To get y’all ready for the sale I am giving away TWO $100 Nordstrom gift cards. Enter below: