The biggest and best sale of the year starts soon and today I am sharing all details you need to know about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale plus the 10 things I never regret buying in this mega sale! Plus, a giveaway just for my readers!
If you’ve followed DoSayGive over the past few years you know I provide super detailed and helpful guides to this amazing sale, showing the absolute best stuff so you don’t have to browse through the thousands of items. This year will be no different (and will be even better because by shopping savvy sister is helping me tackle the sale!) Make sure you subscribe to DoSayGive’s emails so you don’t miss these guides.
If you are new to the sale, here at the details…
Why is this sale so great??
Well, it’s all new fall and winter merchandise marked down up to 40% off. When the sale ends, prices go back up.
When does the sale start??
Thursday, July 13th – Nordstrom cardholders get early access to the sale, both in store and online. If you don’t have a Nordstrom credit card you can still apply for one to shop the sale early (totally worth it because a lot of things sell out during this early access period!). Not a credit card person? Get the Nordstrom debit card where purchases are deducted directly from your checking account – and you still get the early access!
Friday, July 21st – Sale opens to the public, in store and online.
August 6th – Last day of sale. Prices go up on August 7th!
Best Tip for Shopping the Sale?
Don’t hesitate if you see something you love because chances are it will sell out. With free shipping and free returns, I find it’s better to buy online and return what doesn’t work.
What do I buy every year?
I’ve learned to be very strategic about what I buy in this sale. Here are 10 things I never regret buying and you won’t either.
1. Kids Athletic Shoes – You’re going to have to buy these for school anyway, so might as well get 30-40% off, right? Last year I was so glad I bought my daughter the Nikes in this post and the cute activewear that she and her preteen friends love to wear.
2. Designer Jeans – You don’t want to miss out on the incredible prices on the best denim brands. Paige, Frame, DL 1961, and Citizen of Humanity just to name a few. Be sure to catch my dressing room try on seasons on Instastories.
3. Trend Boots/Booties – Last year I really regretted not buying the Rag & Bone booties that were part of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. This year, a similar style is back and I think I am going to get them. Last year I did buy some other booties that I started wearing when almost right away. Booties are so cute with dresses when it’s still hot (as seen here) and your new designer jeans! P.S. if you want designer boots like the Stuart Weitzman over-the-knee or Tory Burch riding boots, you’re going to want to shop those early because they tend to sell out quickly.
4. High-End Beauty Tools – I’m so glad I bought my Drybar curling iron last year bc it has been life-changing! This year there is going to be a great Drybar value set with their straightening iron ($154, reg. $225) and the T3 Featherweight Hair dryer will be $134 (reg. $200).
5. Fall Tops and Blouses – I wish I would have bought a few more of these last year because I wore the ones I did buy so much. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale always has great on-trend and basic wardrobe blouses and tees marked down in the $20-40 price range. Definitely something you’ll be glad you have in your closet come September.
6. Winter Coats for the Whole Family – Okay this is something I regretted not buying in the sale last year and will definitely get this year. Kids’ coats and fleeces are pricey, so why not buy on sale? FYI, brands like North Face and Patagonia tend to sell out fast. P.S. It’s also a great time to buy puffer coats for women.
7. HandBags – Tory Burch and Rebecca Minkoff always have some great bags in the sale. But there are so many great affordable bags. I got so much use out of this under $50 tote from this post last year.
8. Makeup Sets – The special edition value sets that are part of the sale really are amazing values. You can count on Charlotte Tillbury, Laura Mercier, Trish McEvoy, and all your favorite brands to have something in this sale. I’ll be sure to outline my faves in an upcoming post. I usually buy at least one set during the sale.
9. Holiday Gifts – I’m always thinking about gifts I can stash away in the gift closet. Two years ago Kate Spade had some amazing earrings that came in a pretty gift box. A friend bought them for teacher gifts. I’ll be on the lookout for some other great gifts, including new jewels from Kendra Scott and cashmere.
10. Baby Gear – I always post about the great baby deals in the sale but this year I’ll actually be buying baby stuff. There’s usually a great swaddling blanket trio set and awesome deals on pricey strollers and car seats. I would love to see a good deal on this bassinet or the super popular Dockatot.
I am giving away a $100 Nordstrom Gift Card to one DoSayGive reader. Winner will be announced in this Thursday’s Early Access sale post. Be sure to check back on Thursday to see if you won!
Remember to sign up for DoSayGive’s emails here so you get all my top picks throughout this sale.